Saturday, September 1, 2012

Shutter Door Cabinet - Completion

Wrapped up the cabinet this morning. Everything is done and will make a lovely addition to our house.

Before you view the completed piece, you can view the build here:



After the white base coat dried I lightly sanded the whole piece. I then focused on areas that would normally receive the most wear, revealing the stain underneath. When doing a project like this, very the thickness of paint in areas and don't be afraid of brush strokes - the fun part of vintage style builds are the imperfections.


After sanding, I used a Faux Glaze mixed with a little stain to darken it. I then brushed this over the entire piece and lightly wiped off to darken and add age to the nooks and crannies.


I found these lovely knobs and pull handle on ebay - search around for the hardware that will set your piece apart.


All finished - now off to watch Mississippi State take it to Jackson State!

No comments:

Post a Comment